You have started your online business and are looking for the best marketing strategies and methods to promote your products? Here is a Pinterest marketing strategy that is one of the effective marketing methods for promoting products online.
Whether you have a big or small business, Pinterest is an indispensable marketing channel that you should make good use of to get the most out of your business. This is what we will discuss in today's article
Pinterest is another search engine besides Google, it allows digital shoppers to search and access any products, ideas, images, and videos easily.
With more than 400 million monthly active users searching for various topics including craft projects, sports tips, health and beauty tips, products and services, and more than 60% of Pinterest users searching for products to buy.
We conclude that Pinterest is one of the most important social media platforms that can be used as an important marketing tool for your online store.
Here are important numbers and statistics about the site indicating its importance:
- Pinterest had 413 million monthly active users as of January 2022. (Datareportal)
- According to a recent Pinterest post about the behavior of its users, 84% of users have made purchases based on promotional content for a product on Pinterest.
- And 55% of users search for specific products using the Pinterest search engine to check the product before buying it.
- Also, 6 out of 10 Pinterest users are female, and this is all over the world.
- Pinterest's studies and statistics also mentioned that the main motive behind using Pinterest subscribers is to search for pictures of home decor and design.
- Then followed by a search for images of style, clothing, and fashion. The third arrangement is for pictures of fitness and health. (Global Web Index)
- 4 out of 10 Pinterest users use the platform as a search engine for brands and their products. (Hootsuite)
- Pinterest has 200 billion Pins, a third of which are Pins for different brands and products. (Hootsuite)
- Also, Pinterest has more than 14 million articles pinned as Pin daily. (Hootsuite)
- According to a Pinterest poll, more than three out of four internet users reported discovering a new product for a new brand while browsing the site.
- By January 2021, Pinterest ranked 14th in terms of the number of active users worldwide. (Hootsuite)
- The number of Pinterest users increased in 2020 to more than 100 million, which is a large and unexpected increase than increase since the inception of the platform.
- The total number of millennial Pinterest users is up to 40%. (Hootsuite)
What is the importance of Pinterest marketing in e-commerce?
- Reach your target customer through a platform they are already using.
- Amazingly, increase the traffic to your online store.
- Effectively communicate, interact and engage with your customers and their experiences.
- Promote and support your store's SEO strategy.
- Spread awareness of your brand and products.
- Increase sales and revenue rates.
How to create a Pinterest marketing strategy?
Consider the following steps when creating a Pinterest marketing strategy to promote your online store products.
1. Set smart and clear goals
Set clear goals for marketing your products on Pinterest.
- Do you want to increase the number of your customers?
- Do you want to increase traffic to your store?
- Do you want to spread awareness of your brand and products?
- Do you want to increase the number of sales?
2. Create a flexible marketing plan
Depending on your business goals, insight numbers, and analytics, you can create a Pinterest marketing plan for your online store.
And make sure that this plan is flexible, especially at the beginning of your marketing campaign across the platform, because you need to know the most effective types of content for the audience.
Knowing the seasons and periods in which requests increase and many other things that affect your plan greatly.
3. Start implementing the plan
As you start implementing your Pinterest marketing plan and activate your Pinterest account and post your product photos, you will notice many reactions and reach amazing results.
Whether these results are positive or negative, they will benefit you greatly and effectively in improving your plan to achieve the desired goals. So you have to observe and study it well to reach the best-desired results.
To start your first step in implementing a marketing plan you should create your own business profile on Pinterest.
You can learn the steps to create a business account on Pinterest through the article create a Pinterest business account.
Pinterest marketing strategies in e-commerce
Now, let's go over some Pinterest marketing strategies to help you promote your online store products.
1. Create advertising campaigns via Pinterest
Pinterest Marketing with E-Commerce
Pinterest advertising campaigns help you achieve many of your goals, such as increasing sales, gaining a large segment of customers, and increasing the number of visits to your online store. The objectives of the advertising campaign will vary depending on the goal of the marketing plan that you originally set.
Know that your advertising campaign will not increase its relevance and its chance of success without using the keywords that the audience is already searching for to reach your products.
With these words, you can create your ad campaign and ensure that it appears in search results to the audience who are actually looking for you and interested in your products, thus increasing the chances of interacting with your ad.
Pinterest allows you to create paid advertising campaigns to target shoppers by specifying:
- Customer interests
- Geographical location
- the age
It also allows you to create advertising campaigns to retarget your customers again and divide them into the following groups:
- Customers interacting with your content.
- Customers who visited your online store.
- Clients have republished your Pins.
- Customers subscribed to email newsletters.
2. Visual content marketing strategy
The importance of content marketing
- And know that it is good to deal with the Pinterest website like dealing with your online store, as the store provides many categories and divisions of products according to their characteristics, divide the images of products through Pinterest according to their characteristics as well.
- This is because the account is shown in an organized manner and the customer can easily search and navigate from one pin to another within their Boards.
- For example, if you are the owner of an online store that sells cosmetics and skincare, you will have to divide product images into different categories or different Boards like this.
- (Skin care tools, eye care tools, hair care tools, etc.) so that the customer can access the products they are looking for easily, smoothly, and effortlessly and this makes them prefer shopping through your account next time.
3. Pinterest SEO Strategy
- To ensure that you appear quickly in audience searches, find the keywords they are using when searching for your products and publish your Pins using those keywords in product image descriptions.
- Pinterest is a visual search engine more than a social media platform, based on the opinions of its users and the statistics obtained by marketers or e-brands owners
- This makes it an opportunity to apply the elements of an SEO strategy in terms of doing keyword research and using them in the content to be published.
- This contributes to improving your products' ranking on the Pinterest search engine because you have used the keywords that customers use and are interested in searching for.
- You should also name the images with keywords before uploading them from your device and publishing them on the site, this helps you more easily to reach the customer who is actually looking for you, and to ensure that your products always appear on top.
4. Communication strategy with your customers
- Yes, communicating with your customers is an independent marketing strategy in its own right, and this is of great importance in achieving amazing results for your e-commerce business.
- So, do not lose sight of the need to communicate and interact with your audience on Pinterest to gain their trust and loyalty to your brand.
- For example, when a customer re-pins one of your products, you should comment and thank him for this, in addition to always answering their inquiries, and taking care of asking for their comments on your products and the quality of their images, this will help you avoid mistakes and develop your content.
- In contrast to the above, at the beginning of creating your account through the Pinterest website, you will have to subscribe and interact with the Boards of others, where there is a large audience and customers.
- By interacting with them and sharing their content and the Pins that they post, this will good opportunity for you to cause a large number of potential followers for your products.
- And be sure to communicate with Boards related to your brand and the products you offer.
5. Marketing strategy with promotions and discounts
- One of the good plans that helps you to communicate with your customers and consolidate the relationship between them and your brand is to offer them discounts and promotions, as this method is one of the most successful and prominent marketing methods for any brand.
- This strategy will help you in the success of promoting your brand and an opportunity to incrunities ease sales and earn more profits.
- You can launch contests such as asking your followers to post pictures of them with your products and when any Pin gets more shares and comments it will have a gift or discount from your brand.
Important tips when marketing via Pinterest
- Pinterest is a professional visual site or platform, so you should take into account the perfect posting of your product images and have any criteria for publication such as, (images are vertical, images are of high quality, image dimensions are 3:2, the text is very short and attractive)
- 85% of Pinterest users are more interested in visual content than text, so posting attractive images of your products is important, but also preparing short, attractive promotional text is a must.
- More than 80% of visits to Pinterest come via mobile phone, so make sure to publish photos that are suitable for mobile browsing in terms of quality and dimensions.
- Monitor platform analytics and insights to know the best time to post areas when an active online audience is on the site, to ensure they interact live and quickly.
- One of the most important secrets of improving the Pinterest market for your store products is to constantly see the analytics and insights of your customers through Pinterest Analytics, as it provides you with a lot of great information so that you can plan and improve your business continuously.
- Feel free to post promotional videos about your products or videos related to your brand in general, as 75% of Pinterest users say they watch any videos related to the brand they follow.
- Publishing pictures of celebrities and social media influencers with your products via Pinterest is one of the most powerful methods of marketing and promoting your products and your online store, as a large number of audiences today are affected by these celebrities and they follow them and are strongly influenced by their opinions, and this method will help you gain a large segment of the audience and you can agree with One such celebrity to display your product photos with for a fee.